At 15:37 +0200 8/2/00, Xavier HUMBERT - Labo Informatique wrote:
>Le 02/08/2000 a 09:22 -0400 , Gowan Fenley ecrivait :
>
>>  Hey, you can always shoot for the lowest common denominator and invest in
>>  Travan!
>
>And loose your data...

We use a Travan system where I work and we are planning onupgrading
to DDS-4, but I've been taking a look at the VXA options since
reading about it on this list. My big question is: does VXA suffer
from the same "stretching tape" problem that Travan has, or is it
like DAT, which doesn't have that problem?

 From a price standpoint, it looks like the VXA is the winner, but
reliability is paramount in a backup solution.

--
|        Wade Masshardt        |     The Wisconsin Alumni Association     |