>As it stands right now, we've just made a complete switch to new
>tapes for the Monday-Thursday backups, and we started this with new
>tapes in March. I should also mention that we only backup a user's
>Documents folder, and they are instructed to put anything
>work-related that needs to be saved in there. We also do the
>bookmarks.html file. Everything else is (mostly) standard for
>applications, so if there is a problem, we can restore a user
>relatively easily.

So you don't have a server to put all you work on as well?

We backup *everything* on every mac client. PC's are just selected folders.
(Gee I think windows is such a crappy OS, still it's the only OS I've used
for the past three years!)

I have found out that microsoft outlook on macs are extremely hd comsuming
since all attatchments that are sendt nad recived are saved in one giant
file! We oftten send xAds to news magazines and that mail-file alone can
easily take up a couple of gigs of our backup...

thanx,

/ jakob