I'm a bit confused here. You mean to tell me that Retrospect _client_
will cause dialups?   Strange that I have not had that problem at all
with either of the laptops that I've had, and I do have dial on
demand checked on both.

Now, if the server looks for a machine, I can see that waking up the
port and dialing.

Plus, instead of disabling the client all together, doesn't just
disabling the client in the control panel work?

ps. I suppose I should go back and read the original discussion, but
to put it simply, I'm too Lazy...errr, I mean busy...   :)