on 9/27/00 10:13 AM, Dave Erb at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I was hosting 18 filemaker databases on an NT box, the databases were
> being backed up from another NT box with Backup Exec. The databases
> were moved to an iMac to be hosted there by FM server. We have a g3
> running appleshare which is backed up nightly by retrospect. What
> would be the best way to have the iMacs information backed up as well?

Set up FMP Server on the iMac to dump all databases to a backup directory at
a certain time each day, preferably right before the Retrospect backup
starts. If you have the ASIP server mounted on the iMac desktop, FMP Server
can dump the databases to the server where they'll be backed up by
Retrospect there; otherwise, you could load the Retrospect Client on the
iMac and back it up directly.

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>