The the answer to the following FAQ from the Dantz website confuses me. I
need to do a regular-style backup, not a disk copy, but the program won't
let me select the hard disk as a destination. Surely, many people must
doing this by now in the era of cheap hard disks. Can anyone help, or is
this impossible at this time with Retrospect?

Thanks, Patrick

Entry:

Can Retrospect and Retrospect Express for the Macintosh back up to a hard
disk

Response:

If all of your data will fit on a single hard disk, you can use the
duplicate operation to copy your data in Finder format from one volume to
another.

All versions of Retrospect and Retrospect Express 4.3 or later will allow
you to write data using a File Backup Set.

File Backup Sets larger than 2 gigs must be saved to MacOS Extended
volume running MacOS 9.x