Logically illogical.

If you have no need to back up significant amounts of data, this is
fine.  backing up to another hard disk seems ludicrous to me.  CD's
just don't hold enough.  Jazz would be real expensive.

Of course, I've seen people buy a second hard disk to "backup" their
data and then end up using it for more space.  It is true in homes
and hard disk, the more space you have, the more junk that piles up.

Matt