Have you tried cleaning the DLT drive with a cleaning tape?

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Shawn Welter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:40 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        endless locating

Hello,

I have a DLT tape that we were trying to de-archive something from
and the drive is just fast forwarding and then rewinding. I just
keeps going and never gives an error or makes any progress. Is this a
bad tape or is this a corrupt catalog? Any Ideas? I have never seen
something like this.

Shawn
--
----
Shawn Welter          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]