The termination problem was on the client, which is an ASIP server. It just
took out that particular client. However, if there is a termination problem
on the Retrospect 'server' then I guess you could see 519 errors.

It sounds like you need to talk with the folks at Retrospect in person.
Their tech support is second to none and they can help better when you call.

on 11/23/00 10:55 PM, Adrian Smith at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> If you are having 519 errors, there is a problem in your setup, either
>> hardware, software or network. You most likely either have a SCSI problem
>> (which was the case the last time I had a 519, termination problems),
> Don, what were the other symptoms when you had the termination
> problem? Did it take out the whole backup or just specific clients?
> Unlike Ken, we have no problem with server Mac and in our case it is
> only the G4s that have the problem and only the CLIENT drops the
> network connection. The backup Mac is fine and can go on to back up
> the other clients. The client will regain the network after a restart
> or sleep. It sounds just like the symptoms of the problem that was
> supposed to fixed with the Ethernet update, expect that the Ethernet
> update doesn't fix it and when I went and checked the details (TIL
> 25147) it doesn't actually seem to be the same problem.
> Adrian

Don Foy                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Webmaster and Network Manager         Herald-Citizen
Cookeville, Tenn.
Personal email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]