Background:

A lot of our backup clients are computers that get used for data
acquisition. Data acquisition can be adversely affected when Retrospect
starts reading a lot of data off the hard drive ;-)

The users generally know when the backups are coming, but they don't
always remember. I'd like to give them a way to automatically script
turning the Retrospect client off at the beginning of an experiment, and
to turn it back on at the end (or, more likely, at the next reboot).

It's pretty obvious how to do this with the Mac clients via Applescript.

It's not obvious to me how to do this with the Windows client. All the
scripting discussion I can find seems to have more to do with launching
scripts from Retrospect.

It doesn't really matter what form these take, as long as it could be
called from perl or a .bat file I'd be happy.

steven

--
Steven Karel, Ph.D.
Biology Department, Brandeis Univ, MS 008