sorry to be ambiguous with this.  I was referring to the Applescript,
specifically the script that comes with the client to reset the prefs. (it
is called Client Preferences Cleaner)  I am far from an Applescript expert
but I can't get the same script to run on an OS9 machine and an OS8.6
machine.
Can that be done or will I need two different scripts?
Tim