Yes, these are numbers before compression. The client does not compress data
before sending it across the network. Further, Retrospect has no way to know
what kinds of compression you're getting if you're using hardware
compression. All number reported reflect the raw data being copied from the

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support
Try our new Searchable Knowledgebase at:

> From: David Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Transfer Rates - Dantz Help?
>> The performance is based on the raw number of MB transferred to the backup
>> device from the source volume.
> BEFORE software compression?
> I ask since as I understand it remote clients compress before shipping
> to the Retrospect module that doing the writing to the device.
> Thanks

Search:  <>