In the current state of the code, that would need quite hard-core
modifications, since we have many
static objects
all implicitly linked to the current identity. It is unlikely we will do that
in the near future,
although it is quite possible to perform such a modification.

For web-based UIs, we already have two solutions for you:
- a Web UI based on python that can communicate with rs-nogui using libssh
(https://github.com/drbob/djrs)
- the RSWebUI plugin, based on Witty. It's just a plugin to rs-nogui (or
rs-gui, both work) that
creates a web UI on the local host that you can access from a distant web
browser
(https://gitorious.org/rswebui)

Drbob did the former, and I implemented the later. If you want to improve DJRS
or RSWebUI, dont
hesitate to submit merge requests. Both are reasonnably easy to use/setup, and
are... unfinished ;-)
so they will like improvement patches...

On 05/08/2014 07:59 PM, Andreas Freimuth wrote:
> Hello RS-Team,
>
> First of all congratulations for the fantastic work you have done during
> the last years.
>
> I am interested in writing a local retroshare-server like the RS-nogui
> running on an always-on home server like Freedombox or NAS. The
> advantage of such a solution will be that it's always on and can
> send/receive files 24/7.
>
> The client for that server should be just an web interface. The second
> advantage I see of such an extended RS-server is that every family
> member and mobile client is able to utilize RS without any extra
> client-installation.
>
> The challenge I see at this project is to extend RS to allow multiple
> users/client-certificates inside one RS-instance.
>
> - Are you aware of anyone who is already working on such or a similar
> project?
>
> - Could you give me any advice how to extend RS-nogui to enable the
> handling of multiple users/client-certificates?
>
> - Is the RS-Team interested to have that feature in the main rs-source-tree.
>
> I tried to dive deeper into the RS-code but couldn't get far. Is there
> any API-Documentation available better than:
>
> http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/API_Documentation
>

> Many thanks for your support

> Is your legacy SCM system holding you back? Join Perforce May 7 to find out:
> • 3 signs your SCM is hindering your productivity
> • Requirements for releasing software faster
> • Expert tips and advice for migrating your SCM now
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/perforce

To secure your emails, use PGP (e.g. enigmail on thunderbird)
My key: 0xD1F93BE3
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA4BD76DED1F93BE3>