The basic nature of this issue is actually a bug, namely the outdated
version number in the help->about box as initially stated. Although the
"quick fix" would be to just update the string, we are of course looking
for a robust solution for this problem for the near future.

But why should we omit creating a blueprint for this? Or asking more in
general: Should blueprints be strictly tied to functional requirements
by the "customer" only?

(FR) Build number and release date should be obtained automatically

Status in RevAger: New

We should find a way to automatically integrate the current build number from
the VCS (i.e. using "bzr revno", but a solution which does not depend on the
bzr binary would be even better) and the current date (should be rather simple)
dynamically into the build script, that is, without relying on
resources/ This would simplify bug tracking from
development builds. Since these strings are currently updated rather rarely,
"Help->About" often reports incorrect information.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :