Ok, from my side we can also write a simple blueprint for this kind of
feature requests. What's the opinion of the other developers here?

--
(FR) Build number and release date should be obtained automatically
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/497927

Status in RevAger: New
Status in RevAger 1.3 series: New

Bug description:
We should find a way to automatically integrate the current build number from
the VCS (i.e. using "bzr revno", but a solution which does not depend on the
bzr binary would be even better) and the current date (should be rather simple)
dynamically into the build script, that is, without relying on
resources/appResources.properties. This would simplify bug tracking from
development builds. Since these strings are currently updated rather rarely,
"Help->About" often reports incorrect information.