Sorry I'm a little bit confused about the impact of this issue.

Is it just the portability of the build script, that is affected? I
mean, if we run the build-dmg target on 10.4, will the resulting DMG
work on both 10.4 and 10.5 (with artwork), or will it be corrupt?

--
Artwork missing when running 'build-dmg' target on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/514624

Status in RevAger: Confirmed

Bug description:
There's still a problem with the 'build-dmg' target. More details:
https://code.launchpad.net/~roederhr/revager/dmgbuild/+merge/16637