** Also affects: revager/1.4

** Changed in: revager/1.4

(FR) Offer PPA site for Ubuntu users

Status in RevAger: New

Launchpad offers the option to offer our distribution also as an PPA site for
Ubuntu (and maybe also Debian) users. This way, Ubuntu users can automatically
receive updates, as new versions become available. See this URL for details:

Of course, realizing this feature would require some maintenance work as we
proceed with new releases, but maybe it's worth the effort. Maybe there is also
a good way to automate it, and to integrate the necessary steps as a new build
target into the existing "build infrastructure" (currently:
/build-revager.xml). In order to implement this feature, we should also think
about these two sub-tasks:

- offer a DEB version of RevAger (includes dependency handling etc.)
- register RevAger in the Application menu (the definition should be included
in the DEB)

Normally it's also possible to automatically convert DEB packages to the RPM
standard - which could be done by another build target. Actually I would
suggest not to prioritize this task too high, until RevAger becomes a bit more
mature. This feature would be especially interesting for our long-term users,
but I guess we need to establish this userbase first :-)