Here is some more background info I received from the affected scribe:
- scribe entered the final recommendation etc.
- scribe stopped the review timer
- scribe clicked the "create PDF" button, which then caused the freeze.
- notebook connected with external screen via DVI (1024x768, 60Hz, Mirror
- Ubuntu 10.04, 2.30.2 (Ubuntu 2010-06-25), 2.6.32-23-generic (#37-Ubuntu SMP
Fri Jun 11 07:54:58 UTC 2010)
- OpenJDK 6b18-1.8-ubuntu1 (openjdk-6-jre)
Freeze in fullscreen renders Window Manager inoperable
You received this bug notification because you are a member of RevAger
Developers, which is the registrant for RevAger.
Status in RevAger: Incomplete
- RevAger 1.3
- Unknown Linux distribution with OpenJDK 6
Steps to reproduce:
- initiate a review
- open review as scribe
- open meeting
- switch to full screen mode
- protocol various findings (worked for more than one hour)
- (unknown event happened near the end of the review)
- Protocol can be saved and exported like always, or the application can at
least recover in the previous state
- Application is totally frozen. Alt-Tab, Alt-F2 etc. works, but all windows
are hidden behind the full screen window.
- wait until the next autosave takes place.
- kill the jvm process in which revager is running and re-open the review from
the last autosaved state.
- more OS and JVM information
- which event triggered the error (protocol export? Time exceeded for the
I consider this bug a serious flaw. I remember to have observed this already in
a previous Review using RevAger 1.2.x. This bug could be possible interrelated
with the following bugs:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~revager-developers
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~revager-developers
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp