If I understand your question right: I'm running WindowMaker stand-
alone. My configuration looks like this: Xorg with KDM as login manager.
>From within KDM I'm log into WindowMaker.

Does this answer your question? Please ask, if something is not clear.

No, this problem only appears with RevAger. Other applications using
Swing doesn't show that behaviour.

  Menu bar is unusable on WindowMaker 0.92.0

Status in RevAger:

Bug description:
  java version "1.6.0_22"
  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

  RevAger 1.4
  WindowMaker 0.92.0

  Klicking on item in the menu bar doesn't work correctly. The menus are always
closing immediately.
  This problem only appears on WindowMaker, on KDE there is everything correct.