We finally recognized the reason for this problem: In case the absolute
path of the JAR file contains any special character (e.g. a space
character in the path like "C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\revager.jar") the JAR file cannot be accessed to
fetch the available languages. We've already fixed this issue. You will
find the correction in a few minutes in the trunk branch.

By the way: It is for this reason the automatic restart of the
application didn't work on your system either. ;)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/711848

Title:
  Application Settings: Language selection broken when the absolute path
  of the JAR file contains a special character

Status in RevAger:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  (tested in 1.4-rc2 on Windows XP SP3)

  How to reproduce:
  - download and launch revager
  - choose "open existing review"
  - click on one of your previous reviews
  - click "confirm"
  - open the application settings (the tab "General") appears
  - click on the combobox next to "Language"

  Expected behavior:
  - all available languages are shown (that is, English and German at the
moment)

  Actual behavior:
  - only English (the current language) is shown.