On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 17:31 +0200, Andreas Sliwka wrote:
>   - It's hard to control revelation with the keyboard alone. This is
> mostly due to the key bindings, well, I mean, who would think of
> 'ctrl-insert' as the default for adding a new entry? I don't know how
> often I typed 'Ctrl+n' and was rewarded with an empty list of
> credentials ...

Ok, good point. I'm buried in real-life work these days, but could you
perhaps come up with a suggestion for new keybindings and I'll put them
in?

>   - I really dislike the split of revelation and the gnome applet.
> Really. One lets me edit the passwords, the other one gives me a quick
> and easy to use interface to access my credentials. Why is that? I'd
> rather have revelation to have a single check box in the preferences
> that enables a notification area icon. And also closing revelation would
> minimize it to the tray (if the option is enabled), left clicking would
> bring the window to front (unminimizing it if necessary), while right
> clicking would popup the list of credentials much like the applet does now.
>   One note: I never used the search box, but it uses up a lot of panel
> space. Having a tray icon instead of the applet would do away with it
> which might not appeal to some. A solution to that could be a hotkey
> like deskbar or tomboy use, pressing Ctrl-Alt-F5 or something :-)

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too. But I'm not really sure if I
want to put it in the systray, the GNOME guys really only want it to be
used for notifications.

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of dropping the entire windowed
user interface for Revelation and instead implementing everything as an
applet. The applet really is the most convenient interface to the
database, and I think it would be useful to allow for adding/editing
data there - but I don't want to have to maintain two different
"applications" (applet and Revelation) doing basically the same thing,
and so perhaps the main app could just be dropped.

This would of course also have an impact on how we store and handle the
data - for example, if we only have an applet interface there shouldn't
be any need for explicit loading and saving, and it might be better if
we used tags instead of folders to organize the data.

Or perhaps there are other options - what do you guys on the list think?
I don't really use Revelation that much anymore, so I'm not so sure what
the best interface would be.

--
Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/