Greetings,
I just had one of my wonderful ideas that most people don't seem to recognize as such :-) What about removing the search entry of the application/applet completely? You thing its great? Oh no you say, how can I search my 200+ accounts without it? Well, how do you search your 20.000+ files? With deskbar, right? Why not searching the accounts your stored in revelation with deskbar? Publishing a DBus interface that allows the local user to search its accounts would help with that, too. And registering the interface would also make revelation start as soon as somebody (or something in case of a program) access the interface.
 Well, how about it?

best regards,

mfg