On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:38:16 +0900, Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi all,
> Regarding the new file format, I haven't really decided if we're gonna
> put launcher configuration in the data file, or store it as
> configuration in gconf. This seems to be an either/or decision, and
> there are pros and cons with both approaches:

Is there something bad about doing both? I.e., have the user's direct
preferences in the data file itself, and fall back to system defaults
if those aren't present? ("Your preferred launcher for this account
could not be found. Would you like to use the system default? [ ] Don't
ask again [Yes] [No] [Never]")

Naturally, you could just stub out the fallback if you don't want to
code it right this very instant. Does KDE et. al. have gconf available
as well? Or is running on other desktops a non-goal?