Thanks for the suggestions, Asheesh.  I have a small proof-of-concept
application done -- it integrates with the Revelation core libraries to do the
work with accessing the actual file, and it simply searches for items that
match the command-line arguments that you give it and then prints all matches
to the screen.  The next step for the concept is to add an actual UI on top of
that -- so your note came at the optimal time. :)

I've run into a bit of a snag with the Revelation core libraries, however.  All
of the core libraries for data handling depend on GTK/Gnome, and I'd actually
like to be able to build CRevelation (which is what I am calling Console
Revelation right this moment) for installation on headless computers that do
not have GTK/Gnome installed.  Thus, right now I am wondering what the best way
to split the data-handling portion of Revelation away from it's core into
revelation-lib (which would have no dependencies other than extremely basic
Python ones) for use in both Revelation and CRevelation.

This would give the system a maximum of flexibility -- you could install
revelation-lib/Revelation/CRevelation all on one machine, or just
revelation-lib/Revelation, or just revelation-lib/CRevelation (particularly in
the case of a headless non-X11 computer).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, of course. :)

I can send what I have to anyone interested in it; if you want to see what I
have done thus far.