On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 18:35 -0400, Louis-Dominique Dubeau wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 12:48 +0700, Erik Grinaker wrote:
> > Not currently, no - it's on the todo-list, but I haven't had much time
> > to work on Revelation for the last couple of years, and it doesn't seem
> > likely to change anytime soon :(
> First of all, thanks for the work on revelation.  I had my own
> home-grown password management system but it was a pain in the ass to
> manage and because it was a pain in the ass, I did not use it well.
> I've recently converted all my entries to revelation.  Because it is
> much nicer to use than my own system, I'm much better at managing my
> passwords well now.
> I'm a bit concerned about the development of revelation however.  There
> are features I'd like to see but if development is at a stall, the wait
> may be long.

Yeah, I haven't done much work on Revelation lately, as I've spent the
last 3 years living and travelling in various places in Asia and had
better things to do :) But I have some newfound motivation, and have
started a rewrite for version 0.5.0, maybe it'll be out within the year.

> The features I'd like to see are:
> - The capability to sort entries within folders.

In version 0.5.0, there won't be any folders - accounts will be
organized by tags and accessed by searching.

> - An additional field for sensitive information.  This field would be
> treated as a secret just like the password field is a secret.  The
> primary use I would have for that field would be to record the phrases
> from which I sometimes build password.  For instance, I can use:
> yesterday, I ate all the cookies in the jar
> To make up the password:
> yIaatcitj
> But the thing is that I want to record *both* the phrase and the
> password.  Right now, there is no field that can serve that function
> well.

In version 0.5.0, you will be able to create or modify account types,
and add arbitrary fields to accounts.

> It would be possible for me to contribute code but my time is also
> limited so being able to streamline communication channels is important.
> What would be the best way for me to get that kind of functionality into
> revelation?

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do right now, as I've just
started a rewrite. Once I get the basics in place, it should be easier
to join in on the development - I'll let you know.

Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

enthusiastic about."
                                                 -- Albert Einstein