On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Revelation cannot handle a disk-full situation. I just lost all my
> passwords (file was 0 bytes in size).

I immediately remounted my partition read-only and then started to look
for the characteristics of a revelation file.

But whatever I find, I don't know where the file ends. If I provide the
file to revelation, it asks the password and then gives an error:

        The file '/dev/shm/test.rvl' contains invalid data.

Are there any procedures to restore such a file (or at least know what the
length should be) ?

Also what command would be best to find a file that starts with
"rvl\0\1\0\0\4". I am know using:

        grep -az "rvl$" -A 10000 /dev/hda5

Which is not optimal.

Kind regards,