>I'll think about making the Notes field searchable - a bit afraid of
>searching too many fields as this may result in getting too many hits
>when searching, but I'll see how it works out.

Maybe a radio button in the search dialogue, "Search Notes field" or
"Search all fields"?

A bit more complicated to handle, but also nice, would be the possibility to search by regular _expression_ or similar.
Besides, IMHO, getting too many search results might be more a problem of searching for inspecific keywords. I think, being able to search ALL fields is much more important than protecting the user from too many search results, since in that case, she has simply to reconsider her search keywords.