On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 09:08 +0800, Marco Moebus wrote:
>         >I'll think about making the Notes field searchable - a bit
>         afraid of
>         >searching too many fields as this may result in getting too
>         many hits
>         >when searching, but I'll see how it works out.
>         Maybe a radio button in the search dialogue, "Search Notes
>         field" or "Search all fields"?
> A bit more complicated to handle, but also nice, would be the
> possibility to search by regular expression or similar.

Implementing this would be trivial. I'll consider making searches always
support regular expressions unless they cause problems for people who
don't know how they work (if it's likely that it will reduce search hits
by parsing commonly used characters as constraints).

> Besides, IMHO, getting too many search results might be more a problem
> of searching for inspecific keywords. I think, being able to search
> ALL fields is much more important than protecting the user from too
> many search results, since in that case, she has simply to reconsider
> her search keywords.

Yeah, I guess you're right - I'll make it search all fields in 0.5.0.

Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

enthusiastic about."
                                                  -- Albert Einstein