Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 840 by btsebtse: post-review can't diff correctly Perforce paths
*NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report.*
What's the URL of the page containing the problem? N/A
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have Perforce
2. In your perforce system, have a path like //depot/dev/proj1/path with
3. Edit the file and setup to post-review the change list
4. Review board interprets it as a change of "deleted content"
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- I would have expected it to properly do the diffs and handle the path
When doing post-review -d, the problem looks to be that the path agurment
to the diff command is not-escaped or complete
so i've seen something like
diff -urNp /cygdrive/c/TEMP/tmpatI2gl //btse-ws2//dev/proj1/path
- just 'path' instead of 'path with space/file.cpp'
What operating system are you using? What browser?
Windows XP, Firefox 3.0.1
Please provide any additional information below.
Is there some patch in the python script to properly escape these depot
You received this message because you are listed in the owner
or CC fields of this issue, or because you starred this issue.
You may adjust your issue notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at