Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 847 by ch...@orr.me.uk: Interdiff not generated properly where
updated diff includes new file
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Edit an existing repo file (called 'rusty'), diff repo, create review
2. `svn add` a new file ('shiny'), diff repo, update existing review
3. View interdiff
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
* Viewing d1 correctly loads the diff fragment for the file 'rusty'
* Viewing d2 correctly loads a fragment for the new file 'shiny' on top and
shows the existing changes to 'rusty' as in d1, below
* Viewing the interdiff 1-2 incorrectly shows 'rusty' in "Files Changed"
** The only change between the diffs should be the newly-added 'shiny'.
* Furthermore, the 'rusty' diff fragment gives the error:
"Diff currently unavailable.
Error: Internal error. Unable to locate file record for filediff 1"
The URL for the single diff fragment that gets loaded is:
What operating system are you using? What browser?
* Clean install of ReviewBoard-1.0alpha2.dev_20090203-py2.5
* Ubuntu 8.04 JeOS
* Firefox 3.0.6
I'm not sure about this, but diffutils.get_diff_files may somehow be
outputting the wrong list of files for the given diffset, interdiffset and
Anyway, I reproduced this using a tiny test SVN repo and can provide a dump
plus the original diff files if they'd be of use.
You received this message because you are listed in the owner
or CC fields of this issue, or because you starred this issue.
You may adjust your issue notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at