Comment #13 on issue 719 by bblough: Ldap auth not working with AD
Here's what works for me in our Win2k3 AD environment. Replace the values
brackets with values for your environment -
On admin/settings/general, under LDAP Authentication Settings:
* LDAP Server: ldap://<server FQDN>
* LDAP Base DN: ou=Recipients,ou=<domain name> Users,dc=<domain
* Email Domain: (blank)
* Email LDAP attribute: mail
* Use TLS: unchecked
* User Mask: (sAMAccountName=%s)
* Anonymous User Mask: cn=<service account name>,cn=<service account's user
container>,dc=<domain part>,dc=<domain part>,dc=<domain part>
* Anonymous User Password: <service account password>
In our environment, normal user accounts are held in the Recipient
is in turn held in the <domain name> User container. If your structure
adjust the OU entries accordingly.
The service account is required because we have anonymous binds disabled.
service accounts live in a different container than our normal users, so
adjust the entries as necessary.
Hope that helps.
You received this message because you are listed in the owner
or CC fields of this issue, or because you starred this issue.
You may adjust your issue notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at