Comment #6 on issue 193 by avatraxiom: Wish: tight integration with bug
I'm one of the primary developers of Bugzilla and I'm considering
something along these lines within Bugzilla as a replacement for our
"PatchReader" review system. There are two ways to look at this:
1) The bug-tracker is the primary source of tracking patches.
2) Review Board is the primary source of tracking patches.
I'm coming at it from a viewpoint of #1, because:
* Bugzilla already has zillions of users and accounts in tens of thousands
* Bugzilla has extensive email controls and most developers expect
about bugs and their fixes to come exclusively from Bugzilla.
* Responses to reviews should probably be in bug comments, because they
have a lot to
do with fixing the bug. (This is debatable and different though, depending
team using the systems.) Thus, review comments should be bug comments.
The *minimal* system that I imagine would work something like this:
* A user can attach a patch in Bugzilla, and specify a repository (and
revision, if the patch is not against trunk when attached) from a drop-down
limited per-product. Possibly this information could come from
review-board, but I'd
need some way to limit the list of repositories per-product (without having
to set up
a separate RB instance for each product in Bugzilla).
* Add a "Code Review" button on Bugzilla's Attachment Details page. This
up Review Board in an iframe, with the attached patch right there. It would
by creating a review request in RB and then displaying it in review mode
* All review requests and reviews would at first probably be performed by a
"Bugzilla" user in RB, unless I could implement some way in RB to re-use
* Once the user's review was complete, they would click "submit" in
would submit the review in RB (not quite sure how to do this, given browser
restrictions, but I'm sure I could figure out some way), then extract the
plain text and submit it as a comment to Bugzilla with a link to the
review in RB.
You received this message because you are listed in the owner
or CC fields of this issue, or because you starred this issue.
You may adjust your issue notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at