Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2072 by b...@burry.name: Bug Tracker URL hides templated section
of url, causes append error
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Access the Database -> Repositories Admin page
2. Create a repository with a trac bug tracker url
3. Save the repository
4. Modify the Bug Tracker URL to http://trac2.example.com/ticket/%s
5. Save the repository.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected output is for the Respository Admin ui to show the full url of
trac, and for the trac url to be correctly stored after each edit.
* the admin ui hides the /ticket/%s part of the url. After step 3, the Bug
Tracker URL will be showing as
although the scmtools_repository.bug_tracker column in the db is storing
the full url
* having modified the url in the admin ui, the database is storing a
corrupt version of the url. After step 5 the Bug Tracker URL will now be
showing as http://trac2.example.com/. The scmtools_repository.bug_tracker
column in the db however now has the value
This causes the following exception to be thrown
line 372, in bug_url
return review_request.repository.bug_tracker % bug_id
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string
What operating system are you using? What browser?
Hosted on Debian linux with Python 2.6, Apache 2.2 and mod_python.
Chrome 10.0.6 web browser on OSX
Please provide any additional information below.
A similar problem occurs when leaving the host/domain of the url the same
and just editing the path.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at