Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2109 by yesthatm...@gmail.com: WiX projects break NuGet package
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
N/A. WiX: http://wix.sourceforge.net/
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. New XYZ solution (doesn't matter--windows forms, console, wpf)
2. Add a WiX installer project to the solution
3. Attempt to install any NuGet package
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I'd expect it to work. Instead it fails. NuGet doesn't understand that
projects can come without a `References` node.
The console reports the following:
Failed to generate binding redirects
for 'HerpADerp'. 'Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.VisualStudio.WixProjectNode'
does not contain a definition for 'References'
What operating system are you using? What browser?
WiX 3.5, Win7 VS 2k10 sp1
Please provide any additional information below.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at