Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2294 by tarantul...@abv.bg: Unable to parse diff revision header
when adding cvs diff with new files
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
New Review Request Page
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Generate a diff file using "cvs diff -uN >output.txt" over a code which
has new files
2. Try to submit the generated output.txt through the "New Review Request"
3. The result is "Unable to parse diff revision header '1 Jan 1970 00:00:00
The problem is because the diff file contains the following lines for new
--- nul: 1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
+++ MyFolder/MyFile.cs 17 Sep 2011 16:02:38 -0000
1 Jan 1970 00:00:00 -0000
cannot be parsed.
I modified cvs.py to return PRE_CREATION in this scenario when no revision
is provided and it works like a charm.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The diff should be successfully uploaded.
What operating system are you using? What browser?
Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows XP (64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit);
Browsers: Firefox, Chrome
Please provide any additional information below.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at