Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2450 by gallego...@gmail.com: Requestor can't see the review
request if not a reviewer too
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
Private repo, inaccessible from the outside
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create users 'foo', 'bar', 'baz'
2. Add 'bar' and 'baz' to review group 'quux'
3. Let user 'foo' post a review req and assign it to the review group 'quux'
4. Try opening the review request URL while logged in as the 'foo' user
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expected to see the review request, instead I get a message "This review
request is private. You must be a requested reviewer, either directly or on
a requested group, and have permission to access the repository in order to
view this review request."
What operating system are you using? What browser?
RB is installed on an ubuntu 10.04 machine, client is an OSX Snow Leopard,
on google chrome
Please provide any additional information below.
Current workaround is to add the requestor as a reviewer too (by
listing 'foo' as a reviewer, or adding 'foo' to the 'quux' group).
The error is actually correct, however this stems from the fact that
requestors are not be able to open their own review requests unless they
are set as reviewers (either as part of the review group or as individual
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at