Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2493 by o...@lindenlab.com: LDAP authentication fails if
anonymous search is not allowed by the LDAP server
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set up LDAP service to prohibit anonymous searches (require bind before
2. Configure ReviewBoard to use LDAP user authentication, but leave
the "Anonymous User Mask" and "Anonymous User Password" fields empty.
3. Attempt to log in using a valid username and password
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The login attempt should succeed; ReviewBoard should be able to bind using
the offered credentials, and then do the search for the required user
Instead, the login attempt fails because ReviewBoard attempts to search for
the uid without binding first.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at