Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2609 by ecirce...@gmail.com: Cannot reply to existing comments on
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
Main review page where comments are visible and can be replied to.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Publish a review request with a screenshot (give it a name).
2. Comment on a region in the screenshot and publish.
3. Add a comment to the original comment and publish.
4. Add a new version of the image to the review, delete the old image and
give the new image the same name as the old. Publish.
5. Attempt to add a comment to the comment from step 3. You will not be
allowed to publish this comment (in chrome).
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expect to be able to carry on a back-forth conversation in the comments
regardless of whether a comment is based on an old or new revision of a
screenshot. Commenting seems to only work when the comments are for
screenshots that are current. often continuing a conversation for past
screenshots (which seem to be retained by review board anyway) is valuable.
What operating system are you using? What browser?
Windows 7, Chrome
Please provide any additional information below.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at