Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2620 by magnus.a...@gmail.com: Input text field for smtp server
address is not stripped from white space
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Input a valid smtp address but add a space after the address
2. Save the configuration
3. Do something that generates an email to be sent (e.g. a new review
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: Email sent.
Outcome: No email sent. Reviewboard log shows that django smtp.py script
fails to open the socket to the host.
What operating system are you using? What browser?
CentOs 6, firefox
Please provide any additional information below.
Stripping a smtp address from white space should happen somewhere along the
path done to opening the socket. An address can not contain a white space
and still be a valid address.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at