Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2690 by rohityad...@gmail.com: Review board strips author's
commit message and signaature from git formatted patch
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
1.6.9, as hosted on https://reviews.apache.org/dashboard/
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
Every review request where you upload a git formatted patch
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. git commit -a 0m "commit message"
2. git format-patch -o patches HEAD~1
3. New Review request -> Upload the 0001-my-awesome-fix.patch
4. View diff or Download diff has only the diff (unified format), and
contains no commit message or author info.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I would love to see the diff as it shows now, but when downloading I should
get the original patch submitted by a contributor.
What operating system are you using? What browser?
Does n't matter.
Please provide any additional information below.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at