Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 2692 by gcou...@gmail.com: Reviewboard does not support git diffs
from mercurial for files with spaces in their paths
* NOTE: Do not post confidential information in this bug report. *
* If you need immediate support, please contact *
* reviewbo...@googlegroups.com *
What version are you running?
PostReview 6.1 & Latest Git
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create an hg repository and register it in postreview
2. Make a local clone of the repository
3. Create a folder with a space in it, e.g. 'Test Data'
4. Add a file to the folder and commit it.
5. Push to the remote repository
6. Make a change in the the file and commit it
7. Using the mercurial reviewboard extension, submit a git diff to
reviewboard. e.g. `hg postreview --git`
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I'd expect the hg postreview command to complete succesfully, and the diff
of my review to be viewable on postreview.
What actually happens is the hg postreview command exits with an HTTP 400
error. The review is created on reviewboard, but the diff is not
What operating system are you using? What browser?
I've recreated this on windows & mac.
Please provide any additional information below.
I've actually done a bit of investigation into this problem, and it seems
to be down to the spaces in the path to the file messing with the parsing
of the git diff headers.
I've put together a fix for this issue, and will submit to
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at