Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 3698 by raav...@gmail.com: Condensediff warning in 2.0.11
What version are you running?
RB migration from 1.6.9 ==> 2.0.11
What's the URL of the page containing the problem?
Its not the URL problem, but the DB migration warning during condensediff.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
In a test environment;
1. Installed RB 2.0.11 (including all necessary dependencies)
2. DB dump was taken from production and converted all tables to InnoDB.
3. Initial attempt was made to condense diff in CHARSET latin1 - the
warning is observed.
4. After reading few posts in RB group, I thought the problem may be due to
CHARSET in DB and changed the DB and all tables to uft8 CHARSET - even then
the same warning is observed.
It means the warning is not associated with the DB and its CHARSET,
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Condensediff should not result in any warnings.
Please see the last topic of the error on STDOUT
What operating system are you using? What browser?
- RHEL-6.3, 64 bit. Warning appears during condensediff operation.
However, I suspect this warning may lead in to an error? - I am not sure.
Please provide any additional information below.
Error on STDOUT:
$ rb-site manage /var/www/rbsite -- condensediffs
Processing 555709 diffs for duplicates...
This may take a while. It is safe to continue using Review Board while this
processing, but it may temporarily run slower.
Unicode unequal comparison failed to convert both arguments
to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
if parent_diff != "":
[100%] 555709/555709 - 0 seconds remaining
How the migration was done?
1) Installed the new RB instance in a different server (also in the
different directory) than production.
2) DB was dumped using mysqldump.
3) Imported the DB into test environment in default mode latin1 (also in
utf8 in second attempt)
4) Created the site using rb-site - during the site creation the RB schema
was updated from 1.6.9 ==> 2.0.11 - no warnings observed.
5) While performing condensediff, the above warning is seen.
This is where I have stopped further migration work.
Please let me know, if more information is required.
You received this message because this project is configured to send all
issue notifications to this address.
You may adjust your notification preferences at:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard-issues.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.