Hi Mate

in accounts/backends.py there is a class called LDAPBackend.
The ldap mods that are spoken of are placed in here.

The outcome of the mods we run on our system:

   1. discover the DN to bind as (and check password) from the 'username'
   2. on create user - get email from ldap too
   3. on create user - check if they are in the admin group - make them a
   super user.

If you want to know more about any changes - mail back to the list.

Terry