Aha, this looks like a Django user/pass.  Browsing the django manual,
it seems as though I should run "manage.py createsuperuser",
but when I do that, it just hangs.  Sigh.  I'll bet that happened as I
was configuring things, and I just did a Ctrl-C to break out and fix
stuff.

Any clue as to how to debug the hang I get with "manage.py
createsuperuser"?

I guess I'll keep paging through the Django docs...