Thanks for the tips, but still no dice.

The Getting Started docs explicitly say that you need to create a
database when using mysql (see the "Database" section).  If you don't
create a database, you get the following error when running "manage.py
syncdb":

  File "c:\reviewboard\__init__.py", line 74, in Connect
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 170, in
__init__
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1049, "Unknown database
'reviewboard'")

I'm not particularly married to using mysql, it was just that it was
already installed on my machine.  Is all this easier with sqlite?