Username and password should be empty strings for sqlite, but that's still
not the problem. This has absolutely nothign to do with any of your
settings. It's indicative of a broken Django installation, or some setup
issue with the Python path, since it's not finding one of the
Django-supplied Python modules.

I didn't see an answer to my question about the OS/distro, but I may have
missed it. Can you let me know what version of what OS/distro you're using,
and provide your server configuration?

Also, did you have a version of Django pre-1.0?

I'd recommend fully uninstalling your version of Django, grabbing the
tarball again, and reinstalling. Line 24 of your django/db/__init__.py does
not match line 24 in the tarball I just looked at.

Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.