I've done a google search and also a search of past messages without
finding anything meaningful.

We use hard tabs in our source code and out editors expand them to the
equivalent of 4 spaces.  ReviewBoard seems to expand them to 8 which
messes up the alignment and makes code reviews a bit more of a
challenge than it should be.

I want to change the tab spacing from 8 to 4 for C, C++ and Java.  Is
there a tweakable configuration file somewhere or do I have to fiddle
with the source code?

(Surely this issue has been discussed before so pointing me to the
relevant thread would OK.)