That didn't work for me out of the box.  The two Popen() statements
are different than the version that I had (v0.7 that worked), but when
I changed it to True I got a different error:

"The current directory does not contain a checkout from a supported
source code repository."

Looking at this further, it appears that the only real difference is
the way the execute command is created:

v0.7
 data = execute('p4 info', ignore_errors=True)

v0.8
 data = execute(["p4", "info"], ignore_errors=True)