You can only access the reviewboard server on your vm. It may be your
vm network configuration problem. If you use NAT connection, you
should configure your vm port for access outside the vm.

patchutils is needed. Or you will meet problems when submit a review
diff and view the diffs.
Cygwin is nice.

On Oct 21, 4:59 am, SamClark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I'm trying to install Review Board on a virtual machine (VMWare
> virtual server) to play around a bit and get a feel for the
> installation before I move on to a physical machine.
> I've installed:
> Django 1.0
> Python 2.6
> sqlite
> I'm totally new to all of this and I'm not sure how to install
> patchutils. I've extracted it but that's as far as I got. Can anyone
> tell me what I'm missing?
> I followed the instructions
> on
> and got the built-in server running (patchutils be damned). I can
> access/navigatehttp://localhost:8000/but only on the virtual machine
> where I am running the built-in server.
> I'm trying to access the home page from another PC on the LAN (this is
> the PC running virtual server) usinghttp://serverIP address:8000/
> but I cannot ("Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage").
> Is this to be expected? I haven't configured anything. Is the
> combination of the built-in server and using "virtual internet" just
> too slow? (talking out of my ass here)
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Sam
To post to this group, send email to