When I change my authentication method to LDAP, I get this red text:

LDAP authentication requires the python-ldap library, which is not
installed.

So, I used ubuntu hardy to apt-get install python-ldap -- this worked
fine.  Then I go back to the page and select LDAP again, but it still
has the red text.  I'm not too familiar with Python, is there a cache
I need to reload?

FWIW, I'm running behind apache using mod_python, and I tried doing an
ldconfig.
-brian