We would like to see if we can gather some metrics from Reviewboard,
* *Inspection Rate:* The number of KLOC inspected per hour.
* *Defect Identification Rate:* The number of defects found in one
hour of inspection time.
* *Defect Density:* The amount of defects found per KLOC.
We need 3 numbers to determine the above metrics:
* *LOC*: Can easily get this from our repository since we mandate
association between Review and Commit in the commit log and we
require all code to go through ReviewBoard.
* *Defect Count*: We can assume that Comments in RB are actual
defects discovered during review (unless they are started by the
submitter him/herself in which case they are "author annotations".)
* *Review Time*: ?????
So the only thing which we are unsure about is the review time?
We are thinking of the following two methods:
* *Review_Duration* = *Time_of_Ship_It_Comment* -
* *Review_Duration* = *Time_of_Ship_It_Comment* - *Time of
But the numbers above aren't exact. In some cases a reviewer might start
looking at the code immediately, but not comment or they may be trying
to code on their machine. Other times, the review may stay untouched
overnight (if it was submitted too late in the day) and might be looked
at only the following morning.
Does anyone else have suggestions or has anyone done something like this
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at